PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AST14RVACW

jaceace
19-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if some could point me in the right direction please. I am working on a Fujitsu AST14RVACW, the problem is that the remote will not turn the unit off. It will change modes/fan speed/temp up and down but when you press off it will not except the signal. The only way to turn it off is by lifting the front panel and turning the switch off.

I have tried with 4 other remotes in the house as they have 5 Fujitsu A/C units in the place. Everything else runs perfectly except the fact that the remote will not turn it off?
Got any Ideas?

I am also having and issue with a carrier split unit where the unit will not except any remote signal. I have changed the remote receiver and have tried a generic remote but none seem to work. I am assuming this is the PCB that will require replacing as the unit works perfectly when test mode is selected on the PCB. I am unable to find a service manual for the carrier unit which is a weathermaster ES1025H.

Cheers and thanks in advance for scratching your head reading this.

install monkey
19-10-2012, 06:44 PM
if youve tried 4 other remotes then its probably the pcb relay for on/off- does the unit beep when you try to stop it?
try swapping pcbs to prove this

Tayters
19-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if some could point me in the right direction please. I am working on a Fujitsu AST14RVACW, the problem is that the remote will not turn the unit off. It will change modes/fan speed/temp up and down but when you press off it will not except the signal. The only way to turn it off is by lifting the front panel and turning the switch off.

I have tried with 4 other remotes in the house as they have 5 Fujitsu A/C units in the place. Everything else runs perfectly except the fact that the remote will not turn it off?
Got any Ideas?

Faulty display PCB, faulty controller PCB or faulty remote maybe.
Fujitsu remotes can be specific to a model or range of models. If using another remote some functions may work and some may not I've been led to believe. Your remote should read AR-DJ8 somewhere.
If there is a reset button on the remote try that.

oldmanriver
24-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Another possibility is the wire harness between the display PCB and remote PCB.
If mice have nibbled on one or two of the multi core cable it can result in loss of various functions.