PDA

View Full Version : Daikin split decommissioning

Skexis
19-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi

A friend has asked me to remove an old Daikin split from a house he has just bought. The plan was to pump down, remove and sell the unit. Problem is the remote control is nowhere to be found and a new one will cost around AUD$115. Is there a way of getting the thing to run without the remote? The button on the front lower right works in as much as power is supplied to the unit and the louvres open however I can't see how to get the compressor going. We've tried warming up the area around the indoor unit by using heat guns (not directly onto the unit) but nothing happens.

Indoor unit is a FTXD60BVMA. Outdoor unit is a RXD60BVMA.

I have the Daikin service manual that covers these however can't see anything that might help.

Thanks

SeanB
19-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Universal remote is pretty cheap, and most will do Daikin. $10 will get one here. Only brand i had problems with were Panasonic, as the units I wanted to get a remote for were too old, but worked perfectly still.

install monkey
19-10-2012, 07:02 PM
check on the outdoor unit for a pump down button- save yourself 10 bucks!!;)

Paul84
20-10-2012, 07:28 AM
The Indoor On/Off button will run the unit at a preset AUTO (heat/Cool) 25*C. If you press SW1 on the outdoor unit with the liquid valve shut it will eventually pump down as long as the system is fault free

Skexis
20-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I'll check these and report back. Thanks.

We have no idea whether this unit works at all so it's all a bit haphazard. I suppose if all else fails we'll just have to get someone who has a reclaim bottle.