PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba SHRM displaying E04

r.bartlett
18-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Chaps

we were called to a site with a Tosh that has some of these system on. Last week one system went out on E04 L08. Tosh tech got us doing all sortswhich didn't work but today we went back after chainging the indoor board and some wiring and addressed it via a standard controller and it all worked
:cool: (actually Rob at AMP told us what to do)

Now blow me got called tonight to be told that another system has gone down with E04 code. No one is mucking around with the controllers (simplified) so what is going on and why should we suddenly start getting addressing errors after 5 years of trouble free operation?? we also note some of the indoor units on this system are now missing off the group controller downstairs..which is weird in itself.

Address setup error• Only line addresses of the connected indoor unitsare undefined.• The outdoor line address and the line addresses inall indoor units do not match.• The indoor addresses are duplicated.(Units except those displaying E04 are duplicated.)• A header unit is not set up in a group.
(Except group displaying E04)

TIA

install monkey
18-10-2012, 08:34 PM
tosh boards were known for being crap- dont know if they improved - try swapping the board u fitted with the other unit- wouldnt be suprised if all outdoor boards are dieing

eggs
18-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Since Pete left Tosh and went to CDL, their competent tech support has gone with him.
All that is left is kids and flow charts.
Ring 01925 820000 and tell him eggs sent ya!!!

r.bartlett
19-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Since Pete left Tosh and went to CDL, their competent tech support has gone with him.
All that is left is kids and flow charts.
Ring 01925 820000 and tell him eggs sent ya!!!

Peter was a good there and I was surprised he left tbh. Sill, bit harsh on tosh tech but as I say we now use Gary and Rob at AMP/FM who are spot on

in their defence they are still the only Uk tech line to operate 24 hrs. Note for DUK and Mitsi etc!

Kev The Tool
20-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe you could try checking the address setting at the indoor unit, if you plug an AMT32 controller into the simplified controller you can check the address setting of the unit. you have one in the stuff you had from me. you will need the fly lead with the plug on, i got mine from Toshiba for nowt. i may be talking sh*te but i had a similar issue at Gloucester quays. it was helpful cos you can be in the room and check the settings rather than trying to do it at the central controller. sorry it took so long to reply but i'm busy enjoying the beer and sunshine!!

r.bartlett
20-10-2012, 12:30 PM
All a bit weird. Spoke on the phone to maintenance told them to turn off the outdoor unit and those 2 rooms where the displays had gone blank (another symptom of addressing issues apparently) turn the outdoor on and the rest should work ok.they did and they did
our guy went to site to check see and just turned on the faulty units. both started ok and they popped back up on the central control.. real strange stuff..