PDA

View Full Version : Compressor cutting out

johnmbourne1
17-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Hello, I have a Staycold SD1140 display fridge that was in a shop that I've just bought. There was no fuse in the plug so I thought it would work properly. It lights up and the compressor kicks in and the fan works but the compressor cuts out after a few seconds. A few more seconds later it has another go but cuts out again. According to the circuit diagram, there does not seem to be any relays or electronics, just a part abbreviated to "THERM". I don't need the fridge and would have sold it if it worked ok. I would welcome any suggestions what would be wrong and how much it should cost roughly to repair, if viable. I am in Cornwall. Best regards, John. p.s. sorry if I've posted in the wrong place

chemi-cool
17-10-2012, 06:38 PM
get a fridgie to look at it, sounds like it cycles on low pressure.

ALFONSOTHAWE
24-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think most stay cold self contained comes with LP or HP from factory. They work by miracles. Worst fridge ever come accross better Husky

Cool Is Good

Magoo
25-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Possibly cycling on Klixon Thermal overload, could be as simple as a faulty start relay or capacitor or at worst a dead compressor.

1mikeefc1
13-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Comps going off on high amps, try replacing comp electrics first if that doesn't work then the comp will need changing.