PDA

View Full Version : cooling capacity

Ahmed_LNG
05-01-2006, 10:50 AM
hi people ...
i need to calculate the cooling capacity for a refrigerant unit, the the compressor efficiency
so if you have an idea about this, inform me
thanks

US Iceman
05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Ahmed,

The easiest way to do this is to use the compressor capacity from the manufacturer's catalog. After you have the performance data, you need to make sure you use the exact suction pressure and discharge pressure when referencing the catalogs. Convert the pressures into saturation temperatures, since this is what most manufacturers use in the rating tables.

If this is for your propane system, the curve I posted earlier will allow you do this.

With this you will have the compressor capacity and power (from the performance tables). You should also have the process cooling data (the heat load from the process). Someone at your facility should have this information.

The compressor capacity should be equal to or slightly exceed the process cooling load.

If you can obtain a computer printout of the compressor performance, the efficiencies are usually listed on the sheet.

What type of compressor do you have? Size, model numer, and manufacturer?

little peanut
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi, Just want to know how to measure and calculate the refrigerant cooling capacity. Can anyone give a hint?

Thanks,

Brian_UK
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Hint: As an Engineer use the search facility here or on Google, also reading a Refrigeration book will provide immense knowledge.

Magoo
13-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Brian_UK
you are so much he gentleman with these sorts of questions.
As well, I have applied your 100% work ethic principal, the wife is not happy as I am self employed.