PDA

View Full Version : Daikin MY90 Multi

wigs
13-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Looking at an old Daikin MY90 Multi split, with 3 small 3.5kw wall mounts. The problem is although the system appears working fine, when checking the fault codes there is always a fault, and it will not reset. I have ditched the power to clear the memory, but it don't clear. my question is how can I clear the fault memory completely.

install monkey
13-10-2012, 03:56 PM
nothing on extranet- apart from data -what type is the controller? brc with display,or the pencil type controller with 2 round on/off buttons.

wigs
13-10-2012, 04:24 PM
its a cordless remote, push and hold cancel gets the fault data off the system, and there is always a fault, which is various. cant be to sure if the hardware is playing up until i am sure i have reset the history correctly.

install monkey
13-10-2012, 04:53 PM
normally you just drop the power on the outdoor for 20 seconds and then repower it- prove that you have the green led flashing and led 2,3 red ones off

frank
13-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I would think that you need to sort the faults first before you can clear the memory.
What fault codes are you getting?

wigs
13-10-2012, 05:41 PM
there are no apparent operational faults. all functions correctly. i get E0 E6 E7 A5 A0 U5, each fault is always present (long beep). but system works.
if the only way to clear the faults history is dump the power, i am doing that right. but when power is reinstated even before the system is asked to start the long beep to signify a fault is always there. ?????

frank
13-10-2012, 06:28 PM
When scrolling through the fault codes on an infra-red controller the first letter will be 2 beeps for the fault and the number will be a long beep.
If the green operation lamp isn't blinking then there are no active faults

wigs
13-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Frank, but isn't it when scrolling through, one long beep is the current fault and two beeps is the fault that has been. Its green LEDs all indoor and outdoor indicating normal operation. and system works fine.
But my original question is how can i remove all fault history from the hardware of the system, because dumping the power don't do it.? for example on some Mitsubishi City Multi systems you can reset the system by putting a flat blade screw driver between 2 pins on the PCB. is there a place like this or a way other than dumping power on an old Daikin MY90.
This system has worked well for many years, but if an error is to occur and there is an incorrect error in the fault history, it could lead the engineer to the wrong conclusion. Which is why these error need to be cleared.

install monkey
13-10-2012, 10:51 PM
i wouldnt worry about if it fails then the engineer will struggle to fault find.
they can interogate off the outdoor led's - the wiring diagram indicates the safety devices. the controller displays all the possible fault codes the unit can have, - 2 beeps is fault code not applicable to that unit, long beep is the error

Thanks Frank, but isn't it when scrolling through, one long beep is the current fault and two beeps is the fault that has been. Its green LEDs all indoor and outdoor indicating normal operation. and system works fine.
But my original question is how can i remove all fault history from the hardware of the system, because dumping the power don't do it.? for example on some Mitsubishi City Multi systems you can reset the system by putting a flat blade screw driver between 2 pins on the PCB. is there a place like this or a way other than dumping power on an old Daikin MY90.
This system has worked well for many years, but if an error is to occur and there is an incorrect error in the fault history, it could lead the engineer to the wrong conclusion. Which is why these error need to be cleared.

wigs
13-10-2012, 11:22 PM
thanks install monkey, but this is a bug bear of mine, i hate systems with faults that are in the history that are no longer current and have been fixed. I just feel that when its delt with, clear it. plus in the customer/end user that has some idea of checking for faults can call you out saying it still in fault because the history says so.

My idea is, this system has just gone a little CPU crazy, after working well for 12 years. no need to loose sleep about I know, but I will check out the PCB when next on site and see if there is a way of ditching the fault history off the CPU. i think i will post results of how to do this, if anyones interested? or if anyone knows how tell me before i get there please. it could save me some time.
many thanks guys.

install monkey
13-10-2012, 11:40 PM
e mailed you fault code sheet, checked a few more recent multi splits and no reference to clearing history

wigs
13-10-2012, 11:43 PM
thank you very much, ;)

frank
14-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Even when you have the BRC wired controller, you can only clear the last fault code (press and hold the on/off button while the fault code is shown.)
The system keeps the last 10 faults in memory on a rollng basis

install monkey
14-10-2012, 10:12 PM
wigs you have mail- reset current displayed fault by holding the on/off button - as like the brc controllers