PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Altherma Pump Down?

Steven_AC
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi to cut to the point next Friday 19-10-12 i have to move the outdoor unit to the floor as a customer is complaining the unit is vibrating through the house where its bolted to the wall
Can you pump the system down like a AC Split? my background is mostly air con and fridge i have been on the altherma course a couple years ago so may have to dig my notes out but cant remember there being anything about pumping it down.

Thanks in advance

frank
13-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes you can pump it down as normal....just make sure you drain the indoor unit first to prevent the plate heat exchanger freezing

Steven_AC
14-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok thanks i assume they all switch into cooling mode on the controller then?

frank
14-10-2012, 08:02 PM
No...there is a pump down button on the outdoor unit.

We had a customer over in Shropshire that didn't pay his bill on time (we left it 4 months before we lost patience) so we travelled over early one morning, pumped his system down, loaded the outdoor unit onto our van and left before 5am.

Needless to say, he paid the next day :D

SeanB
14-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Hope you took 4 months t go back and put it in as well, and charged for the time and parts ( vacuum pump oil from NASA, went to ISS and back as well before you got it) at the right rate.

Steven_AC
15-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Haha good idea, thanks for the reply much appreciated :)

Steven_AC
21-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Job went lovely for a friday, didn't bother draining the indoor unit down in the end, didn't feel that it would be evaporating at a low enough temperature to freeze, even the power cable and transmission cables were long enough :D

Thanks for the help guys