PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DGRS ice build up in fridge AGAIN!!! Please help!

warmfoodluke
11-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with my side by side fridge.. Every month I am having to strip off the internal back panel with the fan on and melt the mass of ice build up around the evap coil, heater and fan itself after the dreaded chatter! I am an electrician so I'm good with electrics usually lol, but not too clever with fridges yet ;). First off, the Thermal fuse is good, with a meeter. the main heater works once 230v is put to it externaly and is around 480 ohms. The evap coil sensor when encased in ice is around 1.5kohms and when melted and at room temp its roughly 5kohms, however I don't no if this is correct or not? The voltage across the coil sensor is 5vdc. Thermal fuse each peg to earth 22-26vac. Also the heating element is only being fed with mv when the coil sensor is built up with ice so I'm wondering if there are any other components within its 'brain' that could be down? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, can't keep going on with this lol. Thanks!

ksm
13-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi,
replace the eva coil sensor and check the timer section for defrost.

R600A
13-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi,
replace the eva coil sensor and check the timer section for defrost.

There is NO actual timer to check..It is electronically timed.

E-Mail me [best to use the Private Messaging service of the forum] and I can supply a repair kit with instructions to repair the fault you have.I have done thousands of these over the past 12 yrs.

Bryan