PDA

View Full Version : Ylca chiller

ballvalve
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Having a problem with a ylca-60 York chiller.the slow 8a fuse on the carel fan speed keeps blown every 5-6 weeks.running amps are 6. Carried out a megger test on both fans and got 2.1omhs .the live feed to the fan speed is on the same phase as the control also
thanks in advance

install monkey
05-10-2012, 06:54 PM
2.1 ohm accross windings, disconnect the fans and test winding to earth to test insulation, if ok the it could be water getting in the connections

ballvalve
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Tested insulation and it was grand. Don't think it's water have checked everywhere for signs of water .chiller only runs for 5 mins max at at time. Fans pull 10 amps at startup them drop to 6.was thinking that if it starts up 15 to 20 times an hour could the fuse blow due to startup amps. The controller has a 8amp slow blow fuse.this is standard on a ylca chiller I take it.

Grizzly
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
You may have a good point about the number of starts per hour ballvalve.
GEA Searle reccomend a maximum of 20 starts per hour or their warranty is void!

Reading and acting upon the attached may help?
Sorry about the quality but I had to reduce the page sizes down to load online!

Asearch for the original from carel may help?
Good luck Grizzly

sedgy
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
hi bllvalve,
quite a few years ago. I found a york chiller that on the first fan to start ran the wrong way, but on further inspection found that this was th let the unit ( warm up( then the fan changed over to another contractor to run the correct way. I wonder if there is a fault on this ? all the best= sedgy

yorkman_gr
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
ballvalve try this settings
F03 is 35 change that to 130V
F04 Is 92 change that to 220V
F11 is 10 change that to full speed
good luck

Grizzly
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Ballvalve.

No disrespect to yorkman_gr.

I would advise reading the attached which is from the Carel manual, before making those changes.
Especially F11.

F3 & 4 are dependant upon various settings/ options.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?56ijtg9cehcxc64

Grizzly

yorkman_gr
05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Grizly no problem but what I wrote is official bulletins from the factory, I don't want to say more details and I hope you understand that, but I had some troubles myself with one unit, and the new chillers I have started up having this changes and no problem so far.
Greetings

Grizzly
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Grizly no problem but what I wrote is official bulletins from the factory, I don't want to say more details and I hope you understand that, but I had some troubles myself with one unit, and the new chillers I have started up having this changes and no problem so far.
Greetings

Your English is impressive my friend, thats assuming you are a native of Cyprus?
I am only advocating caution because I know people who have themselves had issues with the above.

Cheers Grizzly

yorkman_gr
06-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi Grizzly and thank you for your compliment. actually i am greek from origin, but i was working for many years by york in Holland and then in the states, here in cyprus i am only 3 years.
And yes i do understand absolute your caution, and i give any right to be cautious, because as we both know not every trouble is related to the parameters i gave, and every problem needs a different approaching and interpretation .
Greetings
THE YORK DUDE :D:D:D