PDA

View Full Version : Iso-Tech power clamp

Kirky
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Does anyone out there use a ISO-TECH 3000N power clamp. It came highly recommended but for some reason won't work. The clamp has come with leads and battery and some very simple instructions. My previous meter was a Fluke you simply plugged in the leads and away you went. Not the case with the 3000N. I can't get it to read continuity or resistance. At the base of the meter is 3 colour coded sockets Blue , Black and red. I have tried plugging my leads into every thinkable combination but doesn't work. What am I missing do you need a additional lead for resistance etc because you don't with the fluke. Any ideas

The Viking
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
You have had it for 5 months and still not managed to get it to work?

:eek:

Spencer.Guy
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Black lead, black socket
Red lead, red socket

Switch to ohms
Use range button to move decimal point.

Kirky
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Ha yeah I know sounds bad I got that sick of it I've been using my old fluke which is very temperamental but does work. Well it did until today. I have tried red lead red socket black lead black socket and set to ohms that's the usual routine. But doesn't work with the bloody ISO think I might just get myself a new fluke really haven't got the time or the patience. Waste of money it must be faulty.

Kirky
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I returned it to RS who replaced it new one is working fine. And the moral of this story don't just throw it in the back of your van and hope that it will fix itself.

install monkey
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
the other moral to this- dont buy isotech meters as theyre crap!!:D

I returned it to RS who replaced it new one is working fine. And the moral of this story don't just throw it in the back of your van and hope that it will fix itself.