PDA

View Full Version : Coalescer Element

Teuria
02-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi

I changed today coalescer element to sab 163 hr compressor. I took pictures before and after change.

Can you see difference between new and old?

;)

I hope that this helps for "little" oil carry-over problem because it was quite far from nominal ;)

glenn1340
02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I`ve seen that many a time. The best was when it took two of use all morning to hammer the element out.

Sandro Baptista
02-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi

I changed today coalescer element to sab 163 hr compressor. I took pictures before and after change.

Can you see difference between new and old?

;)

I hope that this helps for "little" oil carry-over problem because it was quite far from nominal ;)

Yes, I can see the difference

Teuria
03-10-2012, 03:25 AM
I`ve seen that many a time. The best was when it took two of use all morning to hammer the element out.

Can you explain why it goes like this? Refrigerant gas goes inside the filter, right?
So why it doesn't explode outward?

Magoo
03-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Respectfully suggest that the compressor is loading too fast and discharge pressure/ flow rate creates a high differential across coalesar element. Slow the compressor capacity load rate.
The flow is outside to inside imploding the screen element.

Sandro Baptista
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Respectfully suggest that the compressor is loading too fast and discharge pressure/ flow rate creates a high differential across coalesar element. Slow the compressor capacity load rate.
The flow is outside to inside imploding the screen element.

No, if I understood what you mean the flow (vapour + residual oil) is inside to outside and not outside to inside.