PDA

View Full Version : Fire Testing of HVAC

hawks
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Any other Australians do fire testing on HVAC, im after some help or a copy of AS1861-2005

hawks
21-10-2012, 04:47 AM
I went to a site and pulled a fire relay by hand as the fire contractors are not willing to participate in these tests with the HVAC contractor, in my expeirience they will not contact the HVAC tech when the anual test is due. likewise the building owners refuse organise them even though they are legally responsible to do so.

I searched the store for smoke alarms yet I could find not a single smoke alarm, there are approximately 700 sprinklers in the store and also 8 in the air handling units, from what I understand they will not activate unless the temp exceeds 160C. The fire control pannel at the front of the building must be activated by flow of water, to me this is a joke, and I dont understand how the HVAC can stop the spread when the alarm is activated by water flow.

cool_tech
21-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello hawks
Different colour bulbs in the sprinkler heads identify different temp settings. yellow green red etc.
The flow switch indicates the sprinkler pump is running and a sprinkler has gone off. I know the difficulties of organising fire tests. if the owners dont want to organise them, then the building wont pass and therefore have no insurance. it sounds like you are working for wolleys or coles.