PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Failures

abdulazman
03-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone:) :D :cool:

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Recently I visited a site complaining that a trane chiller CVGF 75O had frequent failures. Diagnostic code starter not in transition. B4 they called me up they had already informed trane organization. But trane personnel did not rectify the problem. They concluded that the starter was faulty and need to be replaced. The customer was not happy with the reply.

For everyones info, total numbers of chillers 4 nos including the said chillers. Other chillers are working fine.

These are the attempted matters,

1. Starter module interchange between chillers.
2. All contactors service.
3. Contactor auxillary interchange betwn chillers.
4. Starter interchange betwn chillers.
5. Cables, wires and termination point all tightened.
6. Chiller mod, circuit mod interchange betwn chillers.
7. Simulation test carried outon other monitoring device and found in operating condition.

Chiller was running for 1 week and then problem came back again.

Any suggestion anyone????????

rbartlett
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
try thsi forum as it has a lot of trane guys

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=25&daysprune=

cheers

richard

p.s if you can't access it I can post for you

Lazarus
04-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Intermittent faults, eeek. You have more than one chiller, have you swapped components to see whether the faults stay or follow?

The real nightmare with intermittant faults are when you dont have any 'sister' machines there!!! i have spent many a happy hour swopping 'new' bits in and out. Or that 'loose' neutral wire in the back of the panel.
Do as Marc suggests he is spot on.... but keep the customer well informed as it may take weeks and many visits.

rbartlett
04-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Do as Marc suggests he is spot on....

is he sh*ging you or what??

cheers

richard

C Bagtas
05-01-2006, 12:42 AM
check the thermostat setting,differential pressure switch,ambient temperature switch,chilled water supply(Pressure),checked if the refrigerant is not less.You can check also if the compressor in not less compression,not lost compression.

CuGe
05-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Not familiure with this unit, but have you checked the grounding on the controls transformer and on the unit. Have you replaced the CT?

abdulazman
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and help.
I've done most of you're all instruction. I'm still following up on the unit.
rb thanks for link.

Lazarus
05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
LOL and i thought it was piles.............

rbartlett
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
LOL and i thought it was piles.............

piles of what though that's the question ?? :)

cheers

richard

Cofreth
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Have you tried interchange the changeover dely timer?
Running on Star Delta closed transition?

abdulazman
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Laz,
Piles normally protrude from the anus, very perculiar though??? I don't get your drift. Explain.

abdulazman
06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi Corfreth,
Presently the unit is running. No diagnostic failure whatsoever so far.
Thanks for the highlight.

Lazarus
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi abdulazman,

Like a few other possibilities they can make you walk a little like youre avatar... :-)

abdulazman
07-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi Lazarus,
Unlikely the avatars' not afraid as those oppose gunslinger who carries gun with no bullet in it. With moustache thats similar to an undergrowth.

Lazarus
07-01-2006, 10:37 PM
The avatars metaphysical prowess is understated but how can you tell his moustache is to small.... he's got all those bandages on!!

abdulazman
08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Common sense,common sense:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

liujunwei
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
你们好啊
我是新来的!多照顾啊!

rpbuenaflor
08-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I incountered that nearly semilar trouble when I am in the middle east, is that unit with motor protector control or winding sensor thermistor? Check for MP.

rudi

rpbuenaflor
08-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I'd encountered semilar trouble when I am working in the middle east, is that unit with motor protector (MP) and there's a thermistor sensor in the winding. If does check the MP.

rudi

abdulazman
08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi rpb,
Herein are the pdf. file of the chiller.:)
Hey LJW,
What in god name are you muttering about, woh puh ker nerng????:confused: :confused:

rpbuenaflor
08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I have the same problem encounterd when I am working in the meddle east, the TRANE centrifugal Chiller with 360 Tons the starter always cut off intermitently. Finally we got the problem from the motor winding thermistor problem with (MP) the motor protector.

rudi

abdulazman
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
By the way the chiller has already been in operation for sometime.
Thanks for the tip off mate.