PDA

View Full Version : Tesco maintenance

headgasket
30-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Is Tesco going to take the refrigeration contract in house next year as they did with HVAC , THE IST’S have been telling me it’s on the cards.
:(

geester
01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
not to my knowledge our new 3 yr contract starts in march

FreezerGeezer
02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
And so the wheel turns, perhaps? It doesn't seem so long ago that Tesco forced the IST's onto the Fridge contractors.

Moneyhell
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't think Tesco Maintenance will be taking the refrigeration contract in-house during this contract period (next 3 years) as they are struggling to deliver the current south east portfolio.

It may happen in time though, stay in-house for 5 years and after that, a new purchasing person comes along and they all get outsourced again... :D

Chunk
02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I wouldnt say we are struggling with the current portfolio,when we took these stores on they were ****,3 years later they are still **** and tesco wont spend any money on making the **** they got better.If you can imagine a store is told to cancel case cleans for 2 years in a row because they are "starting a refit" in two months only to have the money pulled at the last minute,no-one stands a chance.

And if they expect to bring it all in house they will struggle,but then again they can always promote the ist`s to fridgemen and expect them to fix packs within 6 weeks like they have been doing.

Still,i`m checkout trained so what do i care :confused:

headgasket
05-10-2012, 06:58 AM
they have taken on IST'S as HVAC engineers down here who know #### all