PDA

View Full Version : Zehnder Comfosystems

rude
29-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Hi guys does anyone here know anything about these systems?

The reason i ask is a family member is about to build a house and i was going to install a daikin ducted unit but they didnt want to use the refrigerated unit on heating as its quite a dry heat. Also space is an issue for running duct work.

So they got a quote to install this type of system. My concerns are, where we live, in summer it gets to 42c and about 2 weeks of summer it can be quite humid.

Does anyone here know or seen one of these units operating in this type of climate and will it work? The quote they have recieved is very expensive and i don't think or know of anyone in Australia with experiance in these units.

This is the website
http://www.zehnder-systems.com/international/comfosystems/

Thanks

Alex

chemi-cool
29-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Cheapest and lowest maintenance cost is a split per room. The only thing is architectural hiding of the outdoor units.

rude
29-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Cheapest and lowest maintenance cost is a split per room. The only thing is architectural hiding of the outdoor units.

The house is 2 storey so that isn't an option and also services arn't allowed to be seen from the road. 1 side of the house is a parapet wall, front is entry, rear is garage and the other side is the road side but i was going to hide the condensers behind the fence.

The problem i also have is the way the house is designed i can't really do the whole house with 1 unit. Looks like its going to require 2 ducted units.

But someone gave them a quote to install the above system and i know nothing about it so i was just wondering if someone here did know.

Bigfreeze
29-09-2012, 10:18 PM
The house is 2 storey so that isn't an option and also services arn't allowed to be seen from the road. 1 side of the house is a parapet wall, front is entry, rear is garage and the other side is the road side but i was going to hide the condensers behind the fence.

The problem i also have is the way the house is designed i can't really do the whole house with 1 unit. Looks like its going to require 2 ducted units.

But someone gave them a quote to install the above system and i know nothing about it so i was just wondering if someone here did know.

I don't think its what you're looking for. The Comfosystem is a HRV unit with the comfobox being a HRV unit with a heatpump built into the unit. The heat pump does not service the HRV unit for heating and cooling. It heats/cools water that services a ufh system/low temp rads/ducted units. Heat recovery does not seem to be part of the equation you require.

If I was in Oz I would fit a heat pump on a borehole system. You could have active or passive cooling from the system and heating when you wanted it. The comfobox might well suit your needs but only if you want heat revovery from your internal air and only worth having if the house is air tight.

Alternatively you could use something like the http://www.unicosystem.com/ but AC units are the worst of all worlds in Oz imo.