PDA

View Full Version : Bosch F/F KGN36 Evap removal

mack
24-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys got a Bosch enr KGN36X42/07 I wanted to check the defrost element & stats I removed the screws & slid the whole unit forward about 3-4 inches then lost my nerve is this the way to remove it.also is it poss to put it into forced defrost mode. Thanks Mack

spimps
24-09-2012, 06:13 PM
It not possible to remove the evaporator without de gassing the sytstem first .it's part of the sealed refigeration sysyem charged and under pressure,elements.sensors and stats are all plug in/connectors and can be disconnected either in the freezer compartment or at the controls in order to do a check with a suitable meter.

pandoras
06-11-2012, 06:59 AM
It is preferred to remove the evaporator to avoid collision.For More information please visit www(dot)pandorasoem(dot)com.

mikeref
06-11-2012, 08:20 AM
It not possible to remove the evaporator without de gassing the sytstem first .it's part of the sealed refigeration sysyem charged and under pressure,elements.sensors and stats are all plug in/connectors and can be disconnected either in the freezer compartment or at the controls in order to do a check with a suitable meter.
Some of them Bosch fridge freezers have a slide out evaporator in the top of the freezer compartment. A little tricky though, especially if the evaporator is iced up.