hi all

i want to charge a water chiller
at 10 c water
with R-22 by simple method and easy

thanks

goshen
23-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi
there is no simple way ! you either know what you are doing or you trash the chiller .
you must connect gagues and messure sh and sc ! and monitor your compressor while charging.
good luck

Luke.G
24-09-2012, 08:10 PM
hi all

i want to charge a water chiller
at 10 c water
with R-22 by simple method and easy

thanks

Lol! Very vague on what your doing....... doesn't sound to confident to me:confused:

As Goshen said you really should have a understanding of what your doing before you attempt something like this,

Such as is it pressure tested to standards & dehydrated?
The CHW pumps need to be running and realistically a load on the chiller?!
Are you charging to a data plate on the chiller or not?!
Do you know how to calculate SH or SC? if not....
Personally i would get a professional in to do this job.........
People don't do 3-4 year apprenticeships to let a joe bloggs do this type of work; not to be rude or abrupt.

Thanks,
Luke

serviceman
25-09-2012, 10:30 PM
First position the gauges to the cooling system, charging hose place and bleed, it is important not to introduce liquid to the evaporator because it can freeze fluxes, pressure or temperature reach above the freezing point of the coolant and water.
Second, water pumps must be operating (condenser and evaporator) if the air-cooled chiller only of the evaporator.

third, the load can be by weight (lbs or kgs) comes in the nameplate.
the evaporator is normally in a valve at the bottom for charging refrigerant, when water cooled, air cooled machines have the Valve valve after charging refrigerant expansion