PDA

View Full Version : KRP4A - Daikin setpoint

Hadi Esper
20-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone. Could someone please help explain how the setpoint setting works with the KRP4A.

In its data sheet there is a very clear table mapping ohm values to set points. So lets say I set 5 ohms between the terminals which places the setpoint at 17 degrees, so what happens when you change the setpoint manually at the remote controller(thermostat)? Wouldn't that create a mismatch of settings?

I would assume setting the setpoint would mean applying the X-ohm resistance for 1 second then opening the terminal(or disconnecting it). Is this how it should be? Or does the KRP4A only trigger a change in setpoint when you change the resistance (for example placing 6-ohm then 5-ohm will reset the temperature back to 17 after it was manually changed to another setpoint).

Appreciate your help :)

frank
21-09-2012, 08:54 AM
All is explained on the attached PDF.

There is a dip switch setting to choose either KRP input or KRP and RC input (last command wins)

Hadi Esper
21-09-2012, 10:38 AM
All is explained on the attached PDF.

There is a dip switch setting to choose either KRP input or KRP and RC input (last command wins)

Hi Frank thanks for the reply. What does "last command priority mean"? Lets say I apply a resistance of 10 ohm. This should mean the setpoint is set to 19. That's good. Then consider the scenario where I use the remote controller to change the setpoint to 25. What happens now? It makes sense that it will change to 25 but keep in mind there still is a resistance applied equal to 10 ohm at the KRP adaptor.

Should the resistance on the KRP be applied as a toggle or pulse?

frank
21-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Last command means just that.

If the last input was from the KRP then that will regulate the temperature
If you change the temperature from the controller then the system will regulate from that and ignore the KRP.

It all depends on the dip switch settings.

After all, it is just a computer and will respond to the inputs.
Edit.

There is a dip switch setting on the KRP which wil disable the temp control from the controller. Can't rememer the switch name from memory but it is marked 'Possible - Impossible'.

If you leave this in the factory default 'Possible' then you can adjust the temp set point at the controller. If you move it to 'Impossible' then you cannot change the set point at the controller.

Various options of control are possible.

Don't forget that all changes require a power reset to enable the changes.