PDA

View Full Version : Arneg open chiller condensation

globalwave
17-09-2012, 04:45 PM
hi

I recently replaced Eliwell Id freeze controller and both ntc probes (room temp sensor and evaporator coil temp sensor) for an Arneg milk open chiller. Customer was busy so could not remove the bottom and back covers in order to put sensors on their locations. i left the probes on bottom shelf to come back next day to fix them correctly. Next day when i went back i found the unit was driping from condensation, i mean the ceiling was coverd with water and dripping. I installed the probes and problem gone. Can some body explain the role of these probs, so i can understand why there was so much condensation and why it disapeared after the probes were on their place.

regards

chemi-cool
17-09-2012, 05:37 PM
If you are a a refrigeration engineer, you should know, but, I'll give you a hint, it got something to do with temp control and defrost.

jay
18-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Dear Arneg
evaporator sensor helps to control defrost on demand.
so PB2 or sensor 2 takes care of defrost cycle and since it was not in its place it took more time to reach required temperature and heaters over worked to produce enough humidity to create an environment to create condensation .

jay
18-09-2012, 06:20 PM
sorry its HI Globalwave

globalwave
17-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Jay

many thanks,