PDA

View Full Version : AGA la245 R2 Evaporator probe

yellowfunbus
15-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi all,
After trawling the internet I came accross this forum where others have had similar problems.

I have read from the other posts to replace the probe after having an alarm/E2 code, and to try Williams or HAWCO.

What I would like to know, and it might seem the simplest of questions, but how do I know what the evaporator probe looks like?

Also, how can I tell if I have the heater mat upgrade?

I can take photos and post if it makes life easy, and maybe someone could point them out?

Regards,
YFB

digerious
22-09-2012, 01:25 PM
evap probe is in the evap and looks cylindrical like a cigarette butt on the end of a thin cable.

dingaling
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
To see if you have the heat mat fitted, you'll need to drop down the top(with the glass light covers) and on the underside of the Evap should see a rubber looking mat. Its job is to melt the ice which forms there and blocks the run-off of melt water to the rear drip exit during defrosts. To get that cover down, push it up slightly, then pull towards you about 1cm, then it will drop down off its latches.

I think this is also where you will see the Evap probe (because there is an Evap Probe and a Cabinet Probe). When you cycle through the parameters you can see the temp of each of them. btw I think the Cabinet probe is behind the rear stainless steel wall, which only comes out when you have taken the side rails off.