PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba RAV-462

Peter_1
30-12-2005, 03:26 PM
someone experience with Toshiba units?

Combination RAV-462BH-PE/RAV ductable unit with RAV-463AH8-PE outdoor unit.

We installed this heatpump in 1996 at this hairdresser (it's a friendly and a very nice looking lady but that's beside) and the unit is working at least 8 hrs/day, 6 days/week and this is the first service call for it, so these must be very good machines.

Via the check button on the remote control, fault code 01-19. so on unit 1 (there's only one) fault 19.

I have the manual but on page 19, I find broken TL sensor of the indoor unit and on page 58: TL sensor of the heat exchanger broken of the outdoor unit.

When I started repairing, there was a snow storm and there was an emergency possibility foreseen on the PCB to short circuit on the print for the 4-way valve and another one for the compressor.

So it's working now but the sensor has to be repaired anyway and due to the end of the year, I can't find anyway the right sensor.

Does someone know if it's the indoor or the outdoor sensor?

She will also build a new house and she wanted to install radiant heating heated by a new system, 'something with the heat that's available in the earth and they pump it up with a 'waterpump' :D :D :)
You have to know that a heatpump in Dutch is called a warmtepomp and sounds almost exactly the same as waterpomp (waterpump)

She never heard before of this technique and she asked me if I ever heard of this. You could imagine that my ears went more then wide open and this was for me the opportunity to show how you should integrate this in her house and in the swimming pool she will install.

So I stayed for more then an hour and 3 coffee's to explain this technique - no, no, no,... not because it's a nice looking lady - but this could be a very good opportunity to install this technique from what I believe will become the heating system of the future.

Argus
30-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Peter,

That was a R22 model.

There are 4 sensors on one of those systems; 2 in the indoor and 2 in the outdoor.

Outdoor TE sensor (code 18) controls the defrost. TL sensor (code 19) controls the condenser fan speed in cooling at low ambient. The indoor unit reference is a misprint.
________
SLR McLaren (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren)

Loops
17-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Argus,
You were very nearly correct.
If it'd been a 462 outdoor you'd be right.
The 463 outdoor unit has three sensors, the ones you mention plus a compresssor discharge sensor, Td.
The 19 fault code could be either Td or TL sensor.
TL and Td sensor are not interchangeable as the have different temp vs resistance characteristics.
Cheers
Loops

Peter_1
17-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Replaced the sensor, fault didn't dissapear, had to remove also the PCB (early January 2006)