PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic p.c.b.????

Rob shepherd
14-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Can anyone help ???:confused:Sent to a site to sort out a dual panasonic system,NICE.No communication between condensor and cassettes,ok,need a new board:rolleyes:. Got the model # of the unit CU-W34BBP8, ref stamped on board A743564.Happy days contact panasonic and get new board...now the fun starts:eek: they don't know this unit ref... Or board ref...??? At a loss,any help welcome.

Brian_UK
14-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I would go back to Panasonic, tell them to Google "CU-W34BBP8" and they will get 1oo's of hits.

It's their product so they should know about it, mjaybe you got the Friday call centre staff member. ;)

monkey spanners
14-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Have had problems with stuff not meant to be sold in the uk, model no. slightly different, no back up etc.
Not saying its the case with the panasonic but something to consider.

Rob shepherd
14-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Cheers monkey,That's what i thought.Nice one.

install monkey
14-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Tony.duffy@eu.panasonic.com
he da man!

stufus
14-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Especially if you press the wrong reset button on a GHP and turn it into an Yaris:D
Cheers
Stu

Rob shepherd
18-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the help guys,got it sorted and don't i feel like a prat.the reason why they didn't know the board number was because i gave them the wrong unit model !!! :confused: i had two sites on the go with faulty panasonic units and where i wrote the models down on scraps of paper got wrong scrap out my pocket when i rung up.:p lesson get a propper note book and not the top off a packet of screws.anyway got the board in the end quick strip down and change happy days.:D

soleowner
02-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Good call Rob-

With these inverter driven systems, getting the accurate model number, service manual and parts manual is key. Sometimes you may have five changes to one generation of model. The manufacturer will change a thermistor or a board or a compressor but the model generation will remain the same. I always look for the service reference number to ensure I get the correct technical and parts information.

I've learned to trust but verify.