PDA

View Full Version : Icetronic Ice Machine?

Turbo2212
13-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I need to pick the brains of an ice machine whiz as frankly my mrs knows about as much as I do on them.

I've got an icetronic ice machine that doesn't appear to be allowing water through, I know the water inlet valve works as there is a service button on the front and when i press it the jets blast water. Its an old girl on r12 but everything apart from that runs fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

install monkey
13-09-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cc85lavakkpyi2l
bit of info on em, usually ice machines only fill when on harvest cycle- run it once tank is full, check it makes a cycle of ice and see if it refills for the next cycle.

Gary S
13-09-2012, 08:21 PM
jets are blasting water because the pump is been powered up when u press service button. this proves there is water in the resevoir but doesnt prove its taking on mains water as required. is it air/water cooled?

Turbo2212
14-09-2012, 11:34 AM
jets are blasting water because the pump is been powered up when u press service button. this proves there is water in the resevoir but doesnt prove its taking on mains water as required. is it air/water cooled?

I'm aware of that, that's how I am able to rule out the the inlet valve but my issue is why it isn't letting water pass when the machine is one. It's air cooled.

Good shout install monkey, although I'm not entirely sure if the water should run all the time and go off on harvest or does it have an initial start up period where it will run for a short while then just recycle? It seems to recycle for a bit and then run dry.

Gary S
14-09-2012, 05:41 PM
havent worked on icetronics in a while, but there could be water in resevoir but not enough so that when the pump comes on and pumps against cold evap the water runs short in a few mins. the inlet valve could be faulty! Most units only take on water during the harvest cycle and the pump stops ive only seen Bremas that the pump stays on during harvest.
Ive had water inlet valves failing before and the easiest way to kno is by disconnecting hose on outlet and start machine up if theres voltage on coil and no water coming in the valves gone.
Could try manually filling the resevoir with water and if it makes one perfect batch, goes onto harvest cycle and drops ice and goes back on to refrig cycle and runs short of water you will know.

a/c.king
15-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Hi Turbo
this ice machiane fills up on each cycle and it should have water pump that operate by level switch and if you check that level switch you will find eather to next to each others or one with two functions (high and low) water level.
also you might find coil sensor that might triger the pump. as the pump should not cerculate the water untell coil temp rop.

if the water inlet valve magnet coil not fault (check the resistans ) then the logec cercuit not completening
thats why the control board not inergising the water solenoid valve.

a/c king