PDA

View Full Version : Compressor change on Carrier electra container

Andy AC
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
One of the sites I look after has had a compressor go down on a large carrier electra container. How much time do you guys allow for a comp change on one of these? The comp is a carlyle 06DR33, 10.9 kg R404a. I have somebody pricing up the comp, contactor, filter drier and any other bits that may be required. I just need a rough idea of how long it is likely to take. I normally work on air con and small commercial fridge. I do the basic maintenance and fgas testing on the containers. Any problems with them we've had so far, I have had to work out the controls myself, so It has been a bit of a challenge.
Any advise or your thoughts welcome.

Cheers

Andy

phil Landon
20-09-2012, 07:46 AM
hi there Andy. I would allow a day to get the comp changed, the filter drier changed, It also depends what else in the system has failed. It would pay to change the contactor as well. If it is a mechanical failure there may be contaminants thru the system that will require further drier changes and possibly another oil change in the compressor.

You really dont know until the system is run up what you will find. the system might need to be flushed, the TXvalve strainer might need to be pulled and cleaned. for a straight comp change allow a day

hope this helps

Andy AC
20-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Cheers for the input Phil, I quoted them a day and a half in the end - day for degas, grunt, grunt again, pressure test and vac. It does look bloody heavy. And another half a day or so for getting the charge in and down to temp. Haven't heard back from them yet, takes forever to get a decision, then they will want it immediately.

install monkey
20-09-2012, 09:53 PM
do an acid test too, then if bad you should fit a suction burnout drier