PDA

View Full Version : cooling/heating load calcultion Software for ships

hellocountryman
10-09-2012, 05:43 AM
hi ,,

i am working on the HVAC design of ships ,, can someone please tell me that which software i can use for the cooling/heating load estimation of a merchant or naval ship,, there are many software to be used for land installations where the subject is fixed ,, but i need a ship specific software in which i an incorporate all the coefficients related to ships

dsfakianakis
23-11-2012, 12:45 PM
hi ,,

i am working on the HVAC design of ships ,, can someone please tell me that which software i can use for the cooling/heating load estimation of a merchant or naval ship,, there are many software to be used for land installations where the subject is fixed ,, but i need a ship specific software in which i an incorporate all the coefficients related to ships

Hello,

As far as I know there isn't a specifically designed software to perform heat balance calculations for ships. As you mentioned there are software that can be used to perform heat load calculations for land installations (Esp-r which is open source, EnergyPlus, etc) which you can use for your case by changing certain parameters (eg. Ground reflectivity -> water reflectivity, site co-ordinates longitude and latitude that change with time etc). The level of detail of your heat load calculation is another factor that can affect the choice of software. Are you planning to adopt a steady state or a dynamic approach? As far as I am aware, currently heat load calculations for ships are performed using steady state methods. Let me know if I can help any further.

Dimitris