PDA

View Full Version : Liebherr skes 4200 problem

Big Davey
09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help. We have a Liebherr Skes4200 Frost Free Fridge, and recently it has started freezing food. When it was running well the panel at the back would have condensation on as it defrosted regularly, now the compressor is on all the time, and the panel is constantly frozen. I have had the fan and rear panel off and traced a sensor in the panel up to where it enters the top of the fridge, but I cannot figure out how to remove the control panel at the front - or even if this sensor is to blame . No faults are flashing, and as you will be aware Liebherr are no use whatsoever. I know that several other people have experienced the same problem, but I don't know the outcome. I am in North Staffordshire, and I don't seem to be able to find Technician to properly diagnose and fix the problem. Can anyone help?

install monkey
09-09-2012, 11:01 AM
unplug it wait a few minutes, plug it in if the compressor starts straight away its prob your relay on the board stickin

Big Davey
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for replying mate. I am regretting buying a Liebherr ! Done that, and the Compressor didn't kick straight in. It had been switched off all night, but within about an hour of switching on was down below zero. I was looking at the sensor behind evaporator panel last night but I just don't know how to check or remove anything - I could do with a Haynes Manual. Any more ideas ?

install monkey
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
probably sensor faulty- tried to find resistance tables for sensor but nothing yet- tonto is ur man for this - prob be on here later on

Big Davey
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for that I hope he can

Big Davey
11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Can anyone help with this problem ? I am still struggling to get the control panel off - there must be a knack to it, but I don't want to force anything