PDA

View Full Version : County Durham Job Wanted - ex-Armed Forces

GWPointer
07-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi,

I left the Armed Forces after 23 years and attained qualifications in the AC field. Despite writing to many companies I have been unable to get anyone to even entertain me with a chance of a job, let alone a full time job. I hold F-Gas, Pipewrok & Brazing, Refrig Electrics and Essential Electrics so I am not sure that a lcak of qualifications is the problem. My only issue is that I have no experience in the civilian field of AC/Refrig.

Can anyone please advise whether there is a lack of recruitment in the NE at the moment or does anyone know of a firm who would wish to take on an inexperienced, albeit fully qualified, engineer. I just want to be given a chance to show that I have what it takes.

Thanks for your help.

chemi-cool
07-09-2012, 04:58 PM
start your own business, domestics appliances and electrics is always a good market, be honest and professional and you can make a very good living.

james10
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Try a company called Inviron there based in Washington failing that try an angency

charlie25
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Arite,
I was in the same boat as yourself two year ago after leaving the Army after also serving twenty three years and it sounds like doing the same elc course as you. I like you got the yellow pages out and rang every air con company in the North East. One company allowed me to gain work with them after interview etc. I was lucky to have six months gardening leave and I worked for nothing just to get in the door don't know what your situation is but if you can do the same. I have one been there for two years and never looked back as for work I would try Up North, Acrol, Turn Key and Hla but you have to be realistic the money will not be what you where used to in the Army but hopefully it just to top up the pension good luck for the future

jjthefridge
14-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I'm ex royal navy came out 8 years ago, worst thing is having no experience experience in comercial fridge, and unfortunatly no body will employ you. even though in your eyes you can do anything,
I worked for small company in cornwall then went to space(5 yrs) then coldservice.

See if you can find a small company to gain some experience, i know around London area there's always jobs, ring some companies up around there to go on maintenance to get some experience over the winter then come silly season your better off, i got made redundant in the summer and its a bitch to find stuff you got to travel, where abouts do you live????
If you drop me an e-mail - my contact details are in my profile - I can ask

cheers

j.j.