PDA

View Full Version : Change evaporator

tralex
29-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Hello all.

In little commercial refrigerating system (hermetic compressor, capillary tube) I used old evaporator (see picture).
Now in the same little commercial refrigerating system
I want use new evaporator (see picture)
Evaporator have not fan.

New evaporator have area bigger than old evaporator.

Should I change cap tube length or amount of *****
or it is optionally?

Thanks for any advice.

Cofreth
29-12-2005, 03:21 PM
How much bigger is your new evaporator compare to your old evaporator in size?

cruzeiros
29-12-2005, 03:28 PM
i think you will not have any problem..no more *****..and not another capillary tube...
a bigger evaporator is not a bad thing..especially for static ones

Peter_1
29-12-2005, 03:51 PM
The capacity of your eveaporator will increase +/- proportionally with the fin area.
So you have to cut-of a litlle bit the capillary tube and add some refrigerant. It will evaporate higher if you use the same compressor.
Can the condensor handle this?

abdulazman
29-12-2005, 04:00 PM
No problem at all. Advice, check your volume and flow rate.

phil68
29-12-2005, 05:44 PM
By increasing the number of fins you are effectively increasing the surface area of the evaporator & thus it's duty. Also, as a rule of thumb a condenser should be the same size as the evaporator plus 10% to take into account inefficiencies such as heat from the compressor windings being carried over. Ideally you want to know what the duty of the new evap. is & compare it to that of the condenser to see if you still have that 10% difference.

Peter_1
29-12-2005, 07:53 PM
If you take your condensor always 10% greater, then it will many times far too litlle.
You must add at least the absorbed power, take then some margin and select the condensor for this capacity.

Happy Newyear a good health for all and may this forum grow like it grew the last year.