PDA

View Full Version : panasonic fault codes

stephen 22
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been searching for fault codes for a panasonic VRF outdoor unit U-10ME4XPQ and cannot find them anywere. I was sent to change a Compressor and Inverter Board and the unit is showing a fault code U3 on the controller this fault code does not have any of the reference to any of the panasonic codes that I can find. This unit is basically a Daikin with a Panasonic badge on it so both companies are passing the technical help around like a hot potato. I thought I would ask on this site to see if anyone has come across such a problem.

Cheers

install monkey
05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Has the
check operation
performed on Outdoor
unit PC board?
Press the BS4 on PC board on the
master outdoor unit for 5 seconds
or more to execute check
operation.
Replace the main PC board on the
outdoor unit

thats off a daikin vrv2
as for panasonic i have no info

Brian_UK
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Well U3 on a Daikin is a non-completion of the wiring check procedure which sometimes comes up after a power down and power up operation.

[edit] IM beat me too it. ;)

JawD
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
As said, that is basically a Daikin unit. The fault codes are identical. Daikin wont touch it though which is fair enough. The issue should be handled by Panasonic or one of their distributors should help.

As for Panasonic fault codes there are many different lists you need. For VRF there is Panasonic (own brand), Panasonic (Daikin) and now Panasonic (Sanyo).

dogma
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I have a list of Panasonic Fault codes for VRF but all the codes i have start with F. Sorry. :(

techguy
14-09-2012, 05:50 PM
I can't send the fault codes here mail me and I'll send them across Tony.duffy@eu.panasonic.com

T

soleowner
02-12-2012, 09:25 PM
It's been a while, but I think Daikin systems will throw a U3 code (comm signal) like a burp. Try to reset the malfunction history (Clear), and re-commission (re-start) the system. Also check the signal strength from the ODU and furtherest IDU. Have the service manual handy, it is your map to success.

If that fails, check to see if there have been any changes to the wiring run (lights, transformers, motors, other EMF/EMI loads).

It is a bad idea to change parts (just the symptom) without knowing the root cause. I do not think the EC was associated with the compressor and inverter board. Both have their own sets of EC's.

I approach VRF systems as though they are working perfectly. Even if there is an EC. Because more often than not, the EC is correct but the part(s) are good. The EC is could a a 1000 foot view or a 1 feet view depending on many factors. Keep an open mind.

Please keep us informed as to what the issue ended up being.