PDA

View Full Version : Dead Hotpoint FF200E Fridge Freezer

rcronin99
04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello All,

I had an issue with the fridge not getting cold while the freezer was working correctly.

I have taken off the panel in the back of the freezer and checked that the ducts to the fridge were not blocked which they were not.

I then suspected the fan was causing the problem and in attempting to check there was power to the fan managed to short the fan connector pins together resulting in a bang and tripping of all socket outlets which have been reset.

I have checked the plug fuse and socket outlet and all is working fine, i have also checked continuity from the fan pins back to the control board and that is OK.

The fridge will not power up at all and i was wondering if anyone knows if there are any internal fuses that need replacing or if something else could be causing the problem.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob.

spimps
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
It's likely that a dead short will have burnt away the circuit board tracks somewhere.
You can usually see the damage and sometimes they can be repaired with a solder iron and suitable thin wire.
Do switch off and UNPLUG next time you inspect any electrics,we dont usually get as many lives as cats!

tonto33
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
blown the board you could try repair yourself or buy new board or just get one of these for it as it dead :D