PDA

View Full Version : R410a

kevinxt
06-09-2001, 08:35 AM
We are currently looking for detailed information on the use of this refrigerant.

Derek
06-09-2001, 11:41 AM
High Pressure R22 Replacement

You could contact HRP-R or A-Gas and ask if they have any trial sites/operators as I assume you are after experience rather than tech specs.

HRP-R 01443 842255
A-Gas 0127 537 6600

I recall RAC ran some article about use in Trains and Trucks but I haven't found the article yet.

:cool:

kevinxt
06-09-2001, 04:42 PM
Many thanks.

We are looking for more practical data such as testing Kit and procedures.

What equipment we should consider fitting our engineers out with.

Regards

Derek
08-09-2001, 11:07 AM
The basics I am sure you have sorted but any manifolds or recovery equipment pre 1997 may not cope with the 50% ish higher pressures.

I'd suggest you have a look at adding a BOC pressure cylinder course to the C & G 2078 training as that goes up to 230bar nitrogen cylinders. They run them a couple of times a year around the country.

RDA on the Isle of wight can advise on High Pressure Recovery equipment if you have any requirements they did the original equipment for Calor and HRP-R.

HP CPS gauges with the heavy duty hoses are my favourite.

P.A.Hilton's HEAT Technology Division 01794 388382 can provide a data logger with real time pressure enthalpy sofware with some 40 refrigerants including R410A. Tell Mark I sent you....

I would also bin all refrigerant hoses anually just something we do at a small price to reduce the risk. That's only on R22 and R404A but we can connect a 230 bar nitrogen cylinder to that.

Check Swagelok/Hoke HP fittings as an alternative to more common fittings especially on instrumentation. Their rated to very high pressures and are good enough for pressures 10x above and don't leak. We use them on HP helium test kit you won't get better. North London (swagelok) Valve Co also run their pressure fitting course and you get a took kit in the price!

Some other thoughts include non return valves on nitrogen lines and of course annual pressure safety checks on all handling equipment.

I'd say that this fluid moves you right into the region of high pressure equipment so watch all the EU directives. :)

kevinxt
10-09-2001, 08:40 AM
Many thanks I think that you have introduced some newer issues that we were considering but now seem to be more to the lead than we thought.

Regards

terrygoodrich
14-04-2002, 09:37 PM
Conventional equipment cannot be used for 410a ! Special gauge manifolds and recovery units are required for the higher pressure. Also special filter-driers with special dessicant are used. The only compressors approved for use with 410a are Copeland Scrolls. 410a IS NOT A DROP IN REPLACEMENT FOR R-22. Be careful and don't blow yourself up!