PDA

View Full Version : help me with chilled water system!!!

khongminhhason
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Is the motorised valve installed on supply water pipe or return water pipe of chilled water systems? and why is that?
thanks you in advance

The Viking
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Diverter vale to divert the flow of water?
Emergency shut off valve in case of activated water leak detector?
Shut off valve for duty/standby operation?

More information would help...

:cool:

AndrewU
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes, I have been wondering where it should be better placed. Searched the internet and couldn't find conclusive reason for either. I have installed them either way (in the supply side or in the return pipe) in accordance with the equipment supplier's diagram and instruction and didn't really notice any difference due to either. Personally, I normally install them on the return side especially if the lines will drain out.

WeNeedUnions
24-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Ive always know it to be on the return dude for 2-way valves located just before your return balancing valve but i dont see the difference having it on the flow or return line. Now after your question i assume you dont have much experience in chilled water systems so ill give you some advise that most mechanics believe it or not are not aware of when it comes to 3-way valves actuating/control valves or 3-way bypass actuator/controls valves what ever people call them where you are from there are many different makes but there are 2 key types. 1 is a DIVERTING VALVE( 1 water input 2 water outputs) 2. The other is a MIXING VALVE( 2 water inputs 1 water out put) clue your self up on what does what and why they are used because one day you will not be able to change like for like and will have to change brands and if you choose the wrong one the coil weather it be hhw or chilled water will not work properly. It all has to do with weather your flow to the coil( the inlet) is at the top or the bottom. Id explain bud but its to much to go into and hard with out pipe diagrams.