PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Electric Hi-wall split MUH-30SV

Dingo83
01-09-2012, 01:49 AM
I went to a call out the other day to a Mitsubishi Hi-wall split which had tripped its 25 amp circuit breaker. After resetting the breaker and switching on the unit i found the single phase compressor to draw 30 to 35 amps on the common coming from the soft start relay for around 20 seconds before tripping the power again. checked the resistance across the compressor terminals and got 0.8, 1,2 and 2 with no down to earth readings. could only take one pressure reading and found the discharge (unit on heating) at about 1600 kpa. The compressor was quite warm after running for 20 - 30 seconds before the power tripped. The start winding is connected to a capacitor rated at 60 microfarads, my meter reads it at 59.5 mf. The solid state soft starter relay is allowing 240 volts through it but Im not 100 % sure how this is meant to work (certain hertz at a designated time etc) its a Omron G3J-S245BL-MS solid state relay. The compressor despite drawing 35 amps for 30 seconds then tripping the power seems to be ok. Im hesistant about canning the compressor, any ideas ?

install monkey
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
pot siezing- manual says should pull max 15amp
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bohwyka131n62h9