PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Electric Inverter

dan_4818
30-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey guys/gals.

I have a bit of a problem. I am looking at a mitsubishi electricl MR Slim inverter PUHZ-RP140VHA. There were two boards with fried frogs on them. So replaced both boards and also a resistor.

The problem now is i turn the system on. The indoor starts up straight away. Then the compressor tries to start. Before it can even ramp up it shuts off again. It only runs for about 3-5 seconds. The indoor fan keeps running. No fault codes on the LED's come up.

The condenser fans dont start up but this could be because of the compressor not ramping up.

I have metred the compressor windings and found them to have 0.5 ohms between them. I have spun the condenser fans and they spin. Put the gauges on and it sits at about 500kpa whilst not running and the gauge needle doesnt move when the compressor starts up.

Can someone point me in the right direction for somewhere to look. Im thinking motor overcurrent on the compressor but im put off because no fault lights appear. Not sure if the reversing valve will have anything to do with it?

Anyone who has any pointers please let me know.

Cheers, Daniel

install monkey
30-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Put the frogs back in! Haha
You should get 170v ac on all 3 comp terminals when it tries to start.
Did you change the noise filter board, facing the inverter board or just inverter board and main comms board

dan_4818
30-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Just the back power board and front coms board. I had a look at the other board and there wasn't a mark on it. No skeletons around it either so it looked good to me

install monkey
30-08-2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s6wng562236bkd6
few things in here to check

jhoger
10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
noise filter is ok if control PCB has around 330V DC supplied on the pink plug. Also power PCB should be ok too. Check your dip switches on the control PCB as they have voltage setting. I think SW10 or 9. Check it with the sheet that came with the control PCB which Im assuming you looked at...also check a fuse on the bottom left of the noise filter

jhoger
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I dont remember if there is a active module next to the power PCB, if there is, you should always change it with the power board.

Dai king
18-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Did you sort this? As I have same fault!!