PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30GH EXV problem

ddenis
26-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi all!

I have an unusual problem. I changed EXV to TXV + liquid line valve, but can't find output from controller to liquid valve. Without pump down the chiller don't work properly. Can anybody help me with this issue?

install monkey
26-08-2012, 11:38 AM
cant find any info on a 30gh

install monkey
26-08-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2mri9tqtms2yy2c
may help

moideen
26-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi all!I have an unusual problem. I changed EXV to TXV + liquid line valve, but can't find output from controller to liquid valve. Without pump down the chiller don't work properly. Can anybody help me with this issue?as per catalouge and my experience, 30 GH dont configured to change the exv to txv.,can change in chiller model 30 GT IN SOME MODELS.when you change the 30 gh, you can alter the control sytem by fixing any stage controller Moideen-Dubai

ddenis
26-08-2012, 01:12 PM
thanks for your answers guys.
If I cant reconfigure controller's parameter, maybe you know how to disable pump down function

ddenis
26-08-2012, 01:17 PM
hi
can you give me please more information how to make these changes
thanks

ddenis
26-08-2012, 01:18 PM
.when you change the 30 gh, you can alter the control sytem by fixing any stage controller Moideen-Dubai
hi
can you give me please more information how to make these changes
thanks

ddenis
26-08-2012, 02:58 PM
hi again guys

anybody know how can i activate liquid line valve outputs from the controller?
this is realy can solve this problem

goshen
26-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi
the exv is the pump down valve !!
since you are running a pro dialog plus i would change to a standard exv and control it seperatly ,we have done this before with great succces,
good luck

ddenis
26-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi
the exv is the pump down valve !!
since you are running a pro dialog plus i would change to a standard exv and control it seperatly ,we have done this before with great succces,
good luck
hi thank you for replay
fist of all standard EXV has been replaced to liquid line valve with TXV so i cant use EXV for pump down.
i try to adapt this aplication to prodialog controller.
i'll be very grateful for any help.

moideen
27-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Dear dennis,

You can’t fix the TXV on chiller 30 GH series. The prodialog processor equipped with only EXV.
But you can run the chiller by using 3 ways,

Either fixed back the original new EXV.( you did not mention the reason of the replacement of exv to txv)
Or prepare and design schematic electrical control drawings with relay logic considering the unit capacity by using stage controller (ex: Siemens rw68) for this job need skill and good field experience.
Or you can convert the 30 GH to 30 GT by replacing the processor board and required the control alteration. (We have done this successfully in field). ;)

ddenis
27-08-2012, 09:44 PM
hi guys
thanks for your response. i did an awfull combination and my 30gh started work without EXV.

moideen
28-08-2012, 05:13 AM
hi guys
thanks for your response. i did an awfull combination and my 30gh started work without EXV.
can you explain, how you started without exv and modification?

ddenis
28-08-2012, 12:39 PM
can you explain, how you started without exv and modification?

Yes sure.
I took relay 12 VDC and connect it to the output from 30GH EXV controller. for filter noises from the EXV normal operation i put timer off-delay with 30 sec. delay. so when controller make pump down it send continiusly close to EXV at this moment timer change it position and send off to the liquid valve.
i know that it is not very good solution but it work.

moideen
28-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes sure.
I took relay 12 VDC and connect it to the output from 30GH EXV controller. for filter noises from the EXV normal operation i put timer off-delay with 30 sec. delay. so when controller make pump down it send continiusly close to EXV at this moment timer change it position and send off to the liquid valve.
i know that it is not very good solution but it work.
Can you clarify the operation parameters show on display board related EXV that,……………..

Suction superheat on full load and part load.
Does the circuit pump down without getting “pump down alarm”?

Moideen-Dubai

Gibbo
28-08-2012, 07:34 PM
What is the model number of your 30GH and what type of controller does it have Flotronic 2 or Pro Dialog. Unless you have changed the configuration of the controller your chiller will still think it has a EXV and as such you are likely to encounter pronlems.

ddenis
29-08-2012, 06:13 AM
hi
i adjusted superhit 6.5 - 7 degrees. with this parameters chiller have a very stable work.
low pressure 68 psi. high pressure 300 psi water in 13 degree celsius
in the attachment you can see my diagram

ddenis
29-08-2012, 06:17 AM
hi Gibbo
chiller model 30gh-068 with pro dialog controller.
do you have information how to change factory settings i'll be very gratefull if you share it with me
thanks

Gibbo
29-08-2012, 08:21 PM
If the Pro Dialog Controller is black you will not be able to change factory configuration, can only be done by Carrier. The factory config needs to be changed from EXV to TXV as well as the Head Pressure control setting from EXV control to setpoint control.

moideen
30-08-2012, 06:34 AM
hii adjusted superhit 6.5 - 7 degrees. with this parameters chiller have a very stable work.low pressure 68 psi. high pressure 300 psi water in 13 degree celsiusin the attachment you can see my diagramExv is pulsed DC. It has 5 wires and dc voltage is not constant on any each wire. Always voltage is varying as per the compressor superheat. Then how did you activate the dc relay? Can you clarify the relay logic and operation sequence? You have used two “NO’ for completing the circuit from timer!!Moideen-Dubai

ddenis
30-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Exv is pulsed DC. It has 5 wires and dc voltage is not constant on any each wire. Always voltage is varying as per the compressor superheat. Then how did you activate the dc relay? Can you clarify the relay logic and operation sequence? You have used two “NO’ for completing the circuit from timer!!Moideen-Dubai
how i have been said before it's not work properly ( but staible). relay have a lot on/off circles. at the stop of the compressor work EXV bord send continiusly 12 volt signal. timer tought it and deactivate the liquid valve. for minimizate on/off circles we put diodes. i took 4 wires with diods to the negative pole of the relay coil and red wire to the positive.

"You have used two “NO’ for completing the circuit from timer"
what does it mean ?

can you give me more information how to convert 30gh to 30gt. when you replace a chip you need to program controller. do you have factory setting? which program you use connect for connect to the controller?
thanks

Gibbo
30-08-2012, 10:42 AM
What was the original problem, you seem to be reinventing the wheel here with all of these modifications.