PDA

View Full Version : Ice rink- recovered heat question

drmile
23-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Recovered heat from ice rink refrigeration condenser can be used in a variety of applications: space heating, domestic water heating, floor heating, ice melting, ventilation....
Is there by any chance possibility to assume what would be a minimum of recovered energy in every moment, in order to minimize a district heating connection design capacity?(e.g. lets say thath in total I need 400kw, and that I could say that from refregaration plant I'll get 150kW. in that cases I would need 250 kW more taken from district heating)?.

Best regards,

Drmile

Segei
23-08-2012, 05:47 PM
What are you going to heat air or water? What is the target temperature?

frank
23-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Where do you get your heat from when the system is off cycle on thermostat?

if your 400kW requirement is constant, you will have a shortfall

chemi-cool
24-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Your heat rejected heat is: KW absorbed by the compressor + KW cooling capacity.

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2012, 02:27 PM
The nominal heat recovery you can get depends on the magnitude of the refrigerant plant.

You can use a water tank to store heat water so you can assure a certain amount of heat when the refrigerant plant is OFF or temporally stopped by the ice temperature.

Recovered heat from ice rink refrigeration condenser can be used in a variety of applications: space heating, domestic water heating, floor heating, ice melting, ventilation....
Is there by any chance possibility to assume what would be a minimum of recovered energy in every moment, in order to minimize a district heating connection design capacity?(e.g. lets say thath in total I need 400kw, and that I could say that from refregaration plant I'll get 150kW. in that cases I would need 250 kW more taken from district heating)?.

Best regards,

Drmile

shooter
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
as a fist all the power to the compressor can be used as heat.
however in winter time the demand is a lot lower, and the temp needed for the heat is so high the ice rink will not be efficient. so design should be full heat from city in worst case scenario.