PDA

View Full Version : Controller wiring

Mickvee
24-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Got call out to two Panasonic CU-A34BBP8 3ph air con unit which are wired to one indoor controller. One of the units has a burnt out compressor, I disconected the faulty compressor form its contactor in the hope it would leave them with one unit working, but the faulty unit has a current sensor and as there is no compressor connected the controller shuts both units down.
The controller has one wire going into it, but each outdoor unit has its each controller wire. How are these controllers wired two into one, and what is the best way to seperate the units.:confused:
At the moment I have disconnected the thermister sensors connector on the faulty unit main PCB, the other unit operates, with a flashing check warning on the indoor controller LCD

Brian_UK
29-12-2005, 11:34 PM
You might like to try looking here -
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/bp_split_ac/support.asp

I couldn't see your particular model but maybe a smaller type might have the same controller wiring.

iceman007
30-12-2005, 02:04 AM
The two systems should have an interlinked control wire between the units so that they can be controlled together from one controller. Can't say I install or service a great deal of Panasonic equipment.