PDA

View Full Version : samsung RS21DABB

jant
17-08-2012, 09:32 AM
i have a samsung RS21DABB and the fridge doesnt work it is making a noise and doent have a temperature it sounds like a fan slowing down and stopping when i open the door, can any one help.

Thanks Jan

tonto33
17-08-2012, 08:49 PM
First thing to do is to check the machine for errors, to do this you have to enter into the diagnostics mode from the front panel. AS indicated in the following diagram, press and hold the top two buttons on the control panel and the machine will offer up a display of any errors as indicated by the chart

doormaster2008
29-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Check to see if there is a build up of ice in the freezer.sounds like the fan is catching the ice.a lot of samsungs have a design fault which causes this problem.they modify them for free.check with them first.

tonto33
29-08-2012, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=doormaster2008;264769].they modify them for free.check with them first

No they dont

doormaster2008
31-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Tonto.what do you mean by no they dont.the rs21 was slated by watchdog due to this problem.i have had numerous friends who bought one of these and they were all modified free of charge so if you know of anything different please enlighten me as i dont personally repair domestic refrigerators only commercial.

tonto33
31-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Samsung stopped repairing these for free now because of the age of them they did repair free after being on watchdog but as rs21 is over 5 years old and not made any more then there is no free repair

JCR
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I have a SAMSUNG RSE8DZAS1/XEU, which was delivered in October 2007.
It was fine until September 2010 when the fridge ceased to circulate cold air and a pinging noise was emitted from it when the door was opened. It was caused by the circulating fan blade contacting a build up of ice in the ducting as the fan slowed down.

The defrost heater behind the fan assembly is in series with a 73C degree thermal fuse. The fuse gets tired, due to continually being heated to it's maximum tolerance limits and blows periodically preventing the defrost function. This results in compacted ice spreading throughout the lower circulation assembly. It is a design fault, which will recur even if the fuse is replaced.

My Remedy
I have replaced the blown thermal fuse with a 99 C degree version to up the maxiimum tolerance level. This will become a back-stop measure. I have added a thermal cut-out (miniature thermostat) in series (and in close proximity) with the thermal fuse to
control the heater relay (mounted in the contol box on the roof of the unit). This will operate around the 80 C degree mark to prevent over heating and damage to the thermal fuse. In the event of the cut-out failing to the ON status, the thermal fuse would then blow and isolate the circuit. This action appears to have cured the problem.