PDA

View Full Version : Turbocor bearing calibration

Fixaman
15-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi Fella's I'm having a problem with a turbocor chiller at the moment just wondered if any of you know how to interpret bearing cal data, the history is a previous engineer pulled it up for a new BMCC because of excessive bearing faults, i changed it and tried to calibrate but it comes up with this (attached) its a rhoss chiller and the comp is a TT300, any info to point me in the right direction would be much appreiciated.
Regards Fixaman

NoNickName
15-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Bearing calibration is one thing. Bearing fault is another completely different story. Sometimes "bearing fault" messages just appear because of a liquid return to the suction, and the slugging interferes with the radial position transducers. After all, turbocors do not have any bearing at all.
The recalibration just optimised the gain of the transducers on the 5 axis. They are so sensitive, that if you do it again, it will recalibrate to some other values.

Fixaman
15-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I seem to remember in the training that you keep saving the data even if it fails and after 3 times it's not calibrated then contact danfoss Tallahassee but as we are not a supplied firm we are unable to get tech help

Kevin_N
25-08-2012, 01:52 PM
1. Is there no internal leak at the magnetic valves for the motor cooling?
2. Which start up rpm do u have? (Air or water cooled?)
3. Which pressure ratio do u have during start up and normal operation?
--> Only one compressor or more compressors? Do u have a hotgas-bypass-valve for start up?

Call Cofely Ref. in Germany then we come and help you. :D

Which company do the Turbocor OEM technician training in the uk?
We do the training in our factory in Lindau (Bavaria / Germany) for our partners.

kind regards,
Kevin

Fixaman
25-08-2012, 05:55 PM
1. Is there no internal leak at the magnetic valves for the motor cooling?
2. Which start up rpm do u have? (Air or water cooled?)
3. Which pressure ratio do u have during start up and normal operation?
--> Only one compressor or more compressors? Do u have a hotgas-bypass-valve for start up?

Call Cofely Ref. in Germany then we come and help you. :D

Which company do the Turbocor OEM technician training in the uk?
We do the training in our factory in Lindau (Bavaria / Germany) for our partners.

kind regards,
Kevin
Just a quick question what does any of the information you require above have to do with the bearing calibration, just curious
Bryan.

Kevin_N
25-08-2012, 08:44 PM
"the history is a previous engineer pulled it up for a new BMCC because of excessive bearing faults"
Because you have excessive bearing faults. Like for example "Front Radial Displacement" You don't have to change the bmcc modul.

1. --> liquid refrigerant inside.
2. --> Bearing faults during start up
3. --> Bearing faults during start up or in normal operation?.

- If u have a mechanical problem, then u have a higher gain value and the circle looks like an egg. (Not in your case)
- Or u have a Gain of Zero then u have a problem with the pwm modul or with the bearing winding. (Not in your case)

Fixaman
26-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Yep I think changing the BMCC hasn't changed any thing, there's no liquid in comp, for sure, will have another look on tues.Cheers Bryan