PDA

View Full Version : heating problem with lg unit

jack of all
13-08-2012, 10:54 AM
hi there
I am having trouble diagnosing a problem on a split lg this is the firs lg i jave worked on so have no information on these whatsoever.
The unit works fine on cooling mode every thing as it should however once changed to heating the (what appears to be)defrost symbol on the air handler display shows up instantly have tried the basic reset and still nothing the air handler fan runs intermittently however the outdoor unit will not run no compressor no fan and the reversing valve engages unit is not s.o.r and have a healthy 230-supply have a gut feeling that it maybe a sensor? or a board? If someone has the resistance.values for the sensor this would be a great help
Cheers

jdunc2301
13-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Thermistor....pretty sure we had this before, ring Lg technical they love all that resistance nonsense. Can get they're number if you ring Dean and wood.

Best of luck

Slim R410a
13-08-2012, 04:56 PM
What is your outdoor temperature??
Many splits will not work on heat mode above 20degC ambient.

r.bartlett
13-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Thermistor....pretty sure we had this before, ring Lg technical they love all that resistance nonsense. Can get they're number if you ring Dean and wood.

Best of luck

ring D&W from NZ:confused:

install monkey
13-08-2012, 07:17 PM
http://www.jordansmanuals.com/Default.aspx
aussie manuals site

install monkey
25-08-2012, 09:50 AM
2 posts and 2 recommendations for secure comfort- they must be good!!:off topic:

monkey spanners
25-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey, my friend also faced a similar problem with air conditioner and he got it serviced by securecomfort at an very reasonable price

...and of course you have nothing to do with them despite you email address being at that company....