PDA

View Full Version : Samsung NoFrost Cool N' Cool cooling problem - please help

starterz
11-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone, my frist post here. I hope to get some help on a problem with a Samsung NoFrost Cool N' Cool Freezer and Refridgerator. I will try to explain as much details as possible.

It has a fridge in the upper part, and a freezer with 3 drawers in the lower part. It has two command buttons on top - ON/OFF and Cooling Power, with 5 levels of cooling. It has been set to level 3 since we have bought it in 2007.

1-2 months ago, I detected that ice is mounting in the last drawer of the freezer (next to the ground). The drawer was completely stuck and I had to defroze and break all the ice for it to be functional. After cleaning it, ice started building up again, and is now mostly at the same level as the first time.

This evening I detected that the refridgerator part is not cooling as before, products like butter are not as hard as before. The temperature is most probaby several degrees higher than before.

I have not seen or heard any video/audio signals from the fridge, like beeping or flashing LED.

One thing is that the fridge gets very warm (even hot) on the higher right side, on the external from the refridgerator.

I would welcome any suggestions on what could be the problem, and if I could possibly resolve it myself. Please share any ideas or tutorials on how to detect and solve the problem.

Thank you and good night.

starterz
12-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I just found the serial inside, it is Samsung RL33SMBS - I hope the exact model can help if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks.

starterz
12-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I also opened the fridge this morning, to unfreeze the ice and possibly see what is going on.

So, the ice unfroze in a couple of hours. I had to remove one plastic panel with 4 screws, and behind it I could the the fan in the middle, some (I am guessing) electrical connectors at the left side, and one yellow wire with (I am guessing) a fuse of some type connected and taped. There is a "clap" of some kind leading to the upper part of the fridge.

As I could see, the fan is moving freely by hand, it is not stuck. I could see that the ice originates behind this second panel with the fan.

I did not try to remove the second panel, as I think that fan needs to be removed for me to be able to do that.

After the ice had melted, I returned everything in it's original state and started the fridge. Nothing happens - the refridgerator (upper) part still does not cool. The freezer (lower) part cools very well and very quickly.

Again, please give some suggestions on how to continue and what to try next. I will not be able to look for a repairman for a couple of days as it is weekend+national holiday here.

Thanks in advance.

R600A
02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi

Common problem on the RL33 range if you havent had it sorted yet.

It's due to the rubber drain valve that gets sticky and closes up then when the unit goes into defrost the water cannot drain into the drip tray. if you defrost the unit and pull the rubber flap off then you wont have the problem again, This wont cause problems in the long term as it was a recognised carry out for samsung engineers.

Bryan