PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

frank
09-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Do you think that with all the ho-har about global warming and the Kyoto Protocol, the blame of maybe the best refrigerants, R12, R22, R502, for all of the worlds warming problems, all of the re-training we have all had to undertake and pay for, that at least, we should have had a bit more sun and a lot less rain this SUMMER in the UK?

Or is it just a load of ********!

install monkey
09-08-2012, 09:41 PM
dunno, im still venting off old bottles from my shed to keep it sunny over our house as i cant be bothered cleaning out the overflowing gutters:D

Brian_UK
09-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Frank, I do believe that you are turning into an 'average' age cynic. ;)

Magoo
10-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Hi Frank.
interesting thought, initially it was ozone depletion, now what ever. Recently listened to a report of an exploration well drill into the antartic Ross shelf, a couple of KMs of ice then dirt, they came across remnents of palm trees and prawn shells. If it was balmy in antartica it would be friggen hot around the equater. So bottom line is that global waming and cooling is cyclic historically. Just some one figured out it could a tax earner these days

MikeHolm
10-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Blame computers....it allows us to track all this s**t

It isn't whether it happened before, it is how fast it is happening. Besides, there wasn't many souls around at that time to notice.

I heard that some enterprising fellow is buying up land around Hudsons Bay believing it will be a garden/seaside paradise in the future:D

chemi-cool
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
could this be the reason we have the hottest summer in many years, 40c every day, you still want to swap Frank?

frank
10-08-2012, 09:01 PM
When it's constantly raining, you can't make any plans for a barbeque, Picnic, day out with the grandkids, bike ride etc...you tend to crave the sun.

40C...I don't know?

Just a nice English summer night with a gentle stroll down to the village pub would be great.

Seems like I'm dreaming again.

British summer has been crap for our trade as well.

Make sure you put the sun cream on Chemi..