PDA

View Full Version : Wheres all the engineers gone???

leegally1983
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
We are looking for a service engineer in the North West and god are we having trouble finding someone half decent, is anyone else had the same prob or are we advertising in wrong places? or are people just simply scared of moving around at minute?

Grizzly
08-08-2012, 05:20 PM
You get what you pay for my friend.
However you are correct, anyone with half a brain would not willingly jump ship at present.

Plus the term engineer is open to interpretation!
( Ours is a vast area of expertise meaning there are many types of Engineer working within the scope of this forum!)

Why not pay webram to advertise and see whom on here may be interested!
Grizzly

install monkey
08-08-2012, 11:02 PM
weve just took on another- ac eng, for the 1st time,not one of them multiskilled chimps who do boilers and have a set of gauges- i checked his cv out today, i had no influence on the candidate, his cv is all big stuff,chillers,driers etc - although knowledgable cant realistically see him doing more than 6 months as splits and vrv's are a different kettle of fish

The Viking
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
not one of them multiskilled chimps who do boilers and have a set of gauges

What about me then?
I got a set of gauges and also fiddle around with boilers from time to time.
:)

install monkey
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
your the 1% with myself too haha:osee the edit reason

What about me then?
I got a set of gauges and also fiddle around with boilers from time to time.
:)

SCFC
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM
We got the same problem! Looking for service and maint engineers in the midlands through to Norfolk area. Fingers crossed something will change soon.

cadwaladr
09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
well if you have a vacancy for a engineer who can mend commercial stuff then my son is what your looking for ,the only thing i will say about him is too good but alas because of no one asking for staff in the right places he has now got a start with virgin media so a good engineer jumped sideways!

redroge
09-08-2012, 03:44 PM
There will be even fewer when all us baby boomers finally pack it in as no firms seem to want to train up any youngsters due to all the health and safety rubbish.

jjthefridge
09-08-2012, 07:11 PM
So seems like i've got to move to up north or norfolk, i'm down in devon and can't find anything i'm willing to move myself during week and on call weekends, got a few hopefull leads but nothing definate.

j.j. (ex coldservice and space)

CHARLIE-OSCAR
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
We got the same problem! Looking for service and maint engineers in the midlands through to Norfolk area. Fingers crossed something will change soon.

SCFC, That's the area I live in!!!

Please contact me ( I Can't PM yet) My Email; ORTON62 at TISCALI dot CO dot UK

Also if any one knows anyone requiring Industrial Refrigeration Engineers in any locations please email me

My Email; ORTON62 at TISCALI dot CO dot UK

Thanks for you help

From CO

jdunc2301
11-08-2012, 01:28 PM

That's my patch.... ;) i whore myself out...what you offering haha

jdunc2301
11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
your the 1% with myself too haha:osee the edit reason

My ID badge say's multiskilled AC & R engineer...whatever the **** that means....

leegally1983
14-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I think there are too many "multi skilled engineers" out there tbh jack of all trades masters of none? no offence lol we have found someone now he looks good. half the battle is finding someone who will fit into your team

jdunc2301
14-08-2012, 01:26 PM
.....trained in AC/R....master of AC/R only multiskilled as I have an army of muppets around me...does me good fixing they're re-calls

No offence like...but up yours lol

install monkey
14-08-2012, 10:09 PM
our new gimp,2nd week here, wanted my lads assistance (he's just completed his 2nd yr) to replace an electronic ballast in a twin pl fitting- he managed it,me lad that is- so i must have taught him something whist he yaps on the phone all day!

cadwaladr
15-08-2012, 12:29 AM
our new gimp,2nd week here, wanted my lads assistance (he's just completed his 2nd yr) to replace an electronic ballast in a twin pl fitting- he managed it,me lad that is- so i must have taught him something whist he yaps on the phone all day!yes mine has been helping me today his phone beeps every 5 minutes with incoming texts but to be fair he ignores it until we have a minutes peace,who is sending them god knows[girlfriend i guess]wtf!