PDA

View Full Version : kerry foods vans catching fire

stevemartial
21-12-2005, 04:08 PM
hi guys,anybody know the outcome of the kerry foods vans catching fire fitted with g a h refrigeration units?

Argus
21-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes indeed, the outcome is hot food delivered to your door.
________
glass pipe (http://glasspipes.net/)

evaporator
21-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes indeed, the outcome is hot food delivered to your door.
nice one argus
:D :D

evaporator
21-12-2005, 09:36 PM
hi guys,anybody know the outcome of the kerry foods vans catching fire fitted with g a h refrigeration units?
hi steve
:eek: first i have heard please tell me more:eek:

Simple
22-12-2005, 07:08 PM

:eek: :eek:

djbe
22-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Come on then youv'e got our attention whats the story?:)

alpha
22-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Would this of been the Amersham depot?

stevemartial
23-12-2005, 05:58 PM
hi guys,approximately two to three years ago,kerry foods vans with g a h refrigeration units fitted had a problem with catching fire.this resulted in at least three whole depots burning down where the vans were parked inside and the fire spread from one vehicle to another. the rectifiers failure and melting of wires on the refrigeration units seemed to be the prime suspect, due to several wiring modifications being carried out in quick succession to solve this problem,this only seemed to implicate that the melted wires was indeed the cause of the fires.the cost of the compensation must be horrendous if g a h were found to be liable.just wondered if anybody knew the outcome?

djbe
23-12-2005, 06:17 PM
And here was me thinking that it was only Vector's and Frigoblock's that torched themselves:D :D

alpha
23-12-2005, 06:18 PM
well I didn't realise it was more than one depot. oops:eek:

stevemartial
23-12-2005, 06:34 PM
one of the depots was brand new, and was burnt to the ground.g a h obviously denied there refrigeration units were to blame,but if you saw the melted wires and scorch marks like i did, you'd know where the blame lay

stevemartial
23-12-2005, 06:47 PM
on the old super rapier units the rectifiers were housed inside a metal container and when the rectifiers failed and wires melted/caught light, the subsequent fire (although very small) extinguished itself due to lack of oxygen,when the units were updated the rectifiers and wiring were moved outside the metal container and also the metal covers of the condenser unit were replaced with some sort of plastic cover.now when the rectifiers failed and the wiring melted/caught light,it was not starved of oxygen,then the problem of vans catching fire surfaced-co-incidence??what would you think?

alpha
23-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Has it been ruled out building overheat was not a factor?

stevemartial
23-12-2005, 08:47 PM
maybe building overheat is/was gah's defence, i don't know the outcome of the investigation by the forensic people, the vehicles i repaired were based outside,