PDA

View Full Version : The Power of LinkedIN

maca1990
07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Afternoon All - Just thought I would post a discussion and find out how many engineers or professional within the Refrigeration world use LinkldIN.

I have found it a very useful tool when discussing trends in the market, news in the market and info on jobs out there.

I myself run a group and am a member of several groups that boost over 5000 members each?

What other social forms of media do engineers use?

Let me know your thoughts.

Maca1990

install monkey
07-08-2012, 03:49 PM
facebook and RE

sterl
07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
E-Mail Wise: Linkedlin generates far too much garbage. Been a member for 2-plus years and had to put the junk mail block on them.

al
07-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Lot of spam from linkedin, handy for contacting people.

What groups do you run?

al

Brian_UK
07-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Maca1990 also seems to be an employment agent who keeps searching for clients here........

install monkey
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
breach of site rules- fractions or lifetime ban?;)

Maca1990 also seems to be an employment agent who keeps searching for clients here........

maca1990
08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Morning All,

I confess to not being a tech eng as all of you guys are however I have never snooped or stalked to get new clients.

I do that from my office desk on the blower.

I was just curious to find out what other social networks engineers used.

I find also that LinkedIn has to much spam which is why I apply group settings to one weekly update.

If I have upset anyone with my post then off with my head....

Brian_UK
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
If I have upset anyone with my post then off with my head.... Nope, you're fine....

monkey spanners
09-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Afternoon All - Just thought I would post a discussion and find out how many engineers or professional within the Refrigeration world use LinkldIN.

I have found it a very useful tool when discussing trends in the market, news in the market and info on jobs out there.

I myself run a group and am a member of several groups that boost over 5000 members each?

What other social forms of media do engineers use?

Let me know your thoughts.

Maca1990

RE, Hvactalk, Facebook, Youtube. :)

With my dyslexia i always read LinkedIn as Link Edin which sounds odd so never really looked past the name...