PDA

View Full Version : Help with panasonic fault code

Ben Haynes
07-08-2012, 04:33 AM
i was called out to a ducted unit that the compressor was running all the time when power was on the unit. Found outdoor board was powering up the contactor even when unit was off at the wall control, so i replaced the outdoor board and the compressor now doesn't run all the time but a fault code F30 with led 1,2,4,6,7 lit on the outddor board and led1 and led 2 on the inddor board.
The contactor also had to be replaced because it had welded the contacts together

The codes on the front panel are hard to read but from what i can see it sayy there is a phase rotation error but the unit is single phase.

any help would be much appreciated thanks

Brian_UK
07-08-2012, 11:08 PM
There's lots of Panasonic fault code list available on the web and F30 seems to be an indoor/outdoor capacity error or as you say a phase error.

Check your power wiring especialy the neutral.

A model number would make a more definitive answer a little easier. ;)

monkey spanners
08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
If the contactor was welded, how could the problem be the old board? Has the wholesaler sent the correct board if you are getting capacity fault codes (unless boards are configurable)
Could you try the old board but with the new contactor?

Ben Haynes
08-08-2012, 04:15 AM
first thought it was the contactor but after testing there was power at the coil from outdoor pcb while no imput from wall control, not sure which one happened first but both ended up being req.
Model No CU-A28BBPS
Thanks for the help:)