PDA

View Full Version : LG AC split plasma gold interm intermittent cooling

nagham
02-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Hi
I have this 8 years old LG plasma gold split AC, the compressor will work for five minutes or so blowing cold air and then quit for an hour and then work again for five minutes>

the remote control is not showing any errors, temp is set to the lowest. I tried higher temps and found no chinge. it seems like something is preventing the compressor from working continuously. I called in some repair person, he checked ***** and found to be ok, no leaks and he thought compressor is fine but couldn't find the cause. what shall I do? any hints are very much appreciated

install monkey
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
clip the current draw for the outdoor unit- prob compressor siezing-worst case scenario-try it in heating mode to see if the symptoms are the same- 5 minute run then off for an hour

nagham
02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your reply..

I couldn't understand what you have suggested, sorry for that. my technical knowledge is realy poor

my AC model is: LG LS-T242CBG

thanks again

install monkey
02-08-2012, 10:02 PM
do you have an test meter to detect current or amperage drawn on a cable?

nagham
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
yes I do have test meter

nagham
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
all of a sudden AC operated continuously for hours .. still don't understand what's going on !

Tayters
05-08-2012, 10:45 PM
When the unit isn't cooling when you expect it to be you need to determine is the indoor asking for cooling or not. I think on that model terminal 1 on the interconnecting is the compressor run signal (double check that on the wiring diagram though). If you have 240V there then something is going on outside, if not 240V signal then for some reason (faulty indoor PCB, temperature probe...) the indoor isn't asking for cooling in the first place.

The outdoor fan motor and reversing valve (used when in heating) are also switched though the interconnect on different wires so you can do these same checks if it helps.

Cheers,
Andy.