PDA

View Full Version : Qualifications

AC&R Jersey
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi guys I am a refrigeration installation and servicing engineer from Jersey channel
Islands, we don't have any courses over here in respect of gaining qualifications. I have been in the trade for 12 years now, 5 of those was my apprenticeship. What I would like to know is can I do any online course to gain recognised qualifications in electrical and
refrigeration.

Many thanks.

chilliwilly
05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
ICS do an nvq 3 online course in hvac, I don't know how good it is but I think its around £500.00-£600.00. Most of the other city and guilds courses require attendance at colleges, which ever ones are running the course?

r.bartlett
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Are you not still governed by Eu F-Gas laws??

bailly
23-10-2012, 03:45 PM
The Channel Islands are not governed by Fgas as we did not sign Kyoto and we are not technically part of the UK or the EU. Problem is we have to send our gas somewhere!

Aircon467
23-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Ac&r... Sorry to change subject but just wondered: is there any a/c wholesalers in jersey... Ie, pipe , fixings and so on??

Back to OP. I think the f-gas test can be revised online but the practical exam has to be carried out at appointed colleges/training centres

Mobile test centres may be avail.., but I doubt it's gunna come to jersey for cheap.

And the theory deffo has to be done under stri t exam conditions in approved centres.

Just book a 5 days off work and get yourself booked onto a 3 day course in England.