PDA

View Full Version : Door-mounted electrical panel coolers

Ireland
31-07-2012, 04:42 PM
For the last few years I've been repairing some electrical panel coolers that are mounted onto the doors of the electrical panels on production line equipment.

They are basically like a little self-contained air-con unit.

The ones they have were made by a company called Krones in Malta but now the tiome has come for some of them to be replaced and the client has asked me to see if I can source some alternative ones as they feel these haven't been as reliable as they'd like them to be and also they seem a bit under capacity.

Also I've looked at the option of using some sort of ducted split units but this isn't an option so they must be panel-mounted and self-contained as some of them are mounted on equipment where the electrical panel rotates with the filling heads on the machine, etc.

I've tried the usual suspects such as the air-con manufacturers, Dean & Wood, etc but no joy so far.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some alternative units?

What options do I have?

r.bartlett
31-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Rittal (who we are a Uk service) are the a good option but they are not cheap but the correct item. Don't try to bodge it as you will have condensate issues...

al
31-07-2012, 07:23 PM
As with RB, Rittal are brilliant, i've a site with over 40 ones, set to 22c, last thing you need is moisture problems in the boxes, reminds me i have one in the workshop awaiting a new compressor....

al

Ireland
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Where are they available from?

PM me if you wish

The Viking
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Where are they available from?

My first point of call would be THESE (http://rittal.co.uk) guys...

:D

r.bartlett
02-08-2012, 06:13 AM
As with RB, Rittal are brilliant, i've a site with over 40 ones, set to 22c, last thing you need is moisture problems in the boxes, reminds me i have one in the workshop awaiting a new compressor....

al

22 is very low -what are they cooling?

al
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
VSD panels on plastic extruders, plant is at 35 on a cold day! Even at that set point they don't run the compessor much, just the fresh air in, have to blow them out once a year to clear the dust.

al

r.bartlett
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
VSD panels on plastic extruders, plant is at 35 on a cold day! Even at that set point they don't run the compessor much, just the fresh air in, have to blow them out once a year to clear the dust.

al

They should really be set at 35 which is the recommended setpoint for inverters and switchgear. I am surprised you don't have moisture issues..We had a lot of this at Mini when they were set too low and had water carry over which blew the inverters

al
02-08-2012, 10:06 PM
no issues so far, they are mechanical stats though so could be a bit higher than the markings. Have to keep the interior below 30 otherwise inverter over heat issues, especially with the dust.

al