PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30rb-017 chiller

cspeed
31-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi all, im a first time poster so not too sure if im in the right section here.
We've just installed 2 carrier aquasnap 30rb-017 air cooled water chillers feeding 6 fan coil units. When it came to commissioning, with the user code in the manual you cant even get access to set the time and date on the controller, its a pro dialog +. There is not a chance we are going to pay for a carrier engineer to come out just to commission this equipment when we can do it ourselves. So does anybody know the engineer codes to access the further menus.

Cheers in advance Craig

abdulazman
31-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi mate,
Search in the forum thread with the title heading 'Chiller Passcode'', maybe there you'll be able to get some help. Good luck

The Viking
31-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Craig,

Silly question but...

What warranty does Carrier offer if it isn't one of their guys commissioning it?

goshen
31-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi
as said try searching but ill save you some time
beware user pass is 11
and service is 88
beware not to change anything critical or you will need carrier !!
good luck

Grizzly
31-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm with the Viking, unless I am out of touch?
Carrier have to commission their chillers to validate the warranty!
So if you have issues "don't hold your breath" on the necessary back-up.
Grizzly

The Viking
31-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm with the Viking, unless I am out of touch?

:D That would make two of us.

We installed 2 Carriers last year and I believe there were 3 (5?) years warranty if commissioned by them and 12 months parts only if done by us...
:(

al
31-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Cspeed

The access code is given in the manual, "11", you not need any other code unless you are running brine/glycol. I've been having trouble with one as well, the code was changed, but we worked it out!!

Check with Carrier re your warranty, might be worth paying a day for them to come if it increases your warranty but check that the extended warranty doesn't depend on carrier visiting for maintenance....

al